Sunday, February 10, 2013

Double digits!

I did it!  I crossed into the double digits this week and lost 2.6 pounds putting me at a total of 11.8 pounds lost.

This was a good week for me - I cooked several new meals at home and I was able to make good choices by checking nutrition information before we went out for any meals.  I've stayed under 1500 calories every day this week as well!  Still haven't touched pop since January 1st and I registered for the Heart Mini Marathon which is a 15K event.  The rest of the group that I work with who registered signed up for the 5K and I didn't know that so I will be the only one completing the 15K.  I haven't decided for sure what I will do as the event is only 1 month away from now but I may just walk with the group since the two events are at different times and I don't want to burn myself out on a long distance like 9.3 miles when I haven't even started my marathon plan.  OR.. I may do the 15K then join the others for the 5K at noon.  I guess we'll see how I'm feeling as the time gets closer.  I've been hitting the sidewalks with Penny and have logged 6.83 miles this week just taking her out for walks.  There's a nice subdivision behind our apartment complex that has a sidewalk that connect the two and there's tons of distance to be covered going up and down the cul-de-sacs.

I enjoyed putting on the second pair of jeans from my dresser that had 2010 tags on them today and wearing them without struggling.  I've gotten used to my higher waisted "mom jeans" from Lane Bryant (or Lane Giant as I lovingly call it) and these low rise American Eagle jeans will take some getting used to again but I think I can manage.  Feeling my age again in what I'm wearing is a crazy thing!  Loving it. I can't wait to lose a few more pounds so my love handles don't look so noticeable in the low rise jeans but I'll take what I can get which, for right now, is just fitting into them!

Hoping for another good week on the scale and at work.  Doing a big heart case tomorrow and celebrating Kyle and my brother-in-law's birthdays on Saturday.  Planning ahead will hopefully keep me seeing the numbers on the scale go down again.  Next goal is to get to the 220's.  I'm at 233.8 right now so this week or next I should hit this one.  Hoping for sunny days like we had last week to keep the pup dry on our walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment