Monday, October 7, 2013

29 weeks later.

You remember that post back in March from week 1 of marathon training... that one where I said "goodbye to the next 30 weeks of my life"... yeah, that last week is rapidly approaching.  Hello week 29 of marathon training!

But, before that, lets just talk about how, since my last post, I got ENGAGED!  Yes, that's right.  Over 5 years with the same fabulous man and we are officially getting married.  You dream about the day you get engaged since you are a little girl and imagine all the ways it could happen, what the ring will look like and how you'll feel.  Kyle and I met working in a restaurant in college and it's only appropriate that he got down on his knee in one as well.  Though it was a MUCH nicer place than the Olive Garden we met working in, it fit us.  The ring... oh baby.  This ring I cannot take my eyes off of. I used to send him pictures of fancy rings all the time because of course it is the most important part of the whole idea of getting married to me.  It's a symbol of us and our commitment to each other and I'd rather have something I love and will cherish for the rest of my life since I'll be wearing it the rest of my life than some insane wedding costing more than I'm worth in life insurance.  Of course I want a crazy awesome David Tutera dream wedding but my ring is breathtaking and pictures don't do it justice.  The sparkle from all sides knocks me off my feet.  I absolutely adore it.  Anywho, I actually had sent him a picture of this insane ring a year ago to his e-mail and he still had it and went to the jeweler and said "I want this one".  Perfect.  It's a brilliant cut round diamond center stone and white gold Tacori.  I adore everything Tacori.

This last weekend I was honored to be in one of my girlfriend from nursing school's wedding with two other kick ass bridesmaids who also went to school with us.  It was a gorgeous Sunday evening wedding in a rustic barn with a beautiful arch and wreaths lit with white lights and candles everywhere.  Not a dry eye in the barn, that's for sure.  Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Starner :)

In 12 short days from now and 27 training miles behind me I'll be a marathoner.  This gets crazier and more surreal the more I say and think about it.  I ate pretty terribly being gone all this last weekend for wedding festivities and I missed a long-ish run but I'm trying not to stress about it.  I'm trying to enjoy this taper and just finish the rest of my training plan.  I'm back on night shift this week and that honestly is a better training time for me than when I'm on day shift.  I can do this. (I keep telling myself this over and over... and over.)

Nothing else much new on the home front.  Trying to keep this short and sweet because I'm off to Leah's Zumba class in a few minutes.  Just got a  4 mile training run in earlier with 2 of them being at a 10:42 average pace and I walk/ran the last two just to enjoy the fall weather.   Can marathon training be in fall weather all the time?  I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment