Saturday, September 6, 2014

No news isn't necessarily good news.

I thought this week I'd be back up and running, literally. I started Monday with some PiYo (one of the newest Beachbody programs combining yoga and pilates) and went to a 90 minute Zumba class put on by 3 super awesome instructors and had so much fun.  I planned on running in the evening but I was totally wiped out.  Despite all the sleep during my week of sickness I wasn't fully 100% like I thought I was.  I worked extra on Tuesday, then was scheduled to work day shift Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  It was a particularly difficult week on the work front and I'm privileged to do what I do and be with my patients and their families during some of the happiest and saddest moments in life.  I'm so glad I still had some waterproof mascara in my arsenal because I would have looked a hot mess without it.

I have really been debating whether or not I'm going to be ready for this marathon. You know, the one I'm running in like 40-something days.  Many of my high mileage training weeks are falling on half marathon weekends and I honestly can't see myself coming home and running the extra 3-8 miles that are scheduled after running a half.  BUT, I've said I was going to do this and unless illness or injury prevents it otherwise, I'm still going to finish what I started.  It may be an even less fun recovery than last time, but I know I can do it because I've done it before.

With that begin said - I'm imagining how bad my legs are going to hurt this coming week.  No pain, no gain.

I wish I had some fun pictures or something to share with you, but I'll just leave you with my rest-of-marathon-training-mantra -

(Photo cred - Alex and Ani)


No comments:

Post a Comment