Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm so over winter.

This whole thing about being "in training" over the winter… it stinks.  All I want to do is put in my headphones and take off out the door running but it's not as simple as that.  It's currently -1 here in Ohio and it's a far cry from the random 55 degree day last weekend that I did get to run out the door.  Believe me, I took advantage of that day knowing we had a snow storm coming this week.  We got another 4 inches of snow and 1/2" layer of ice to cover it overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning.  Yuck.

I've got the Heart Mini half marathon coming up in 5 weeks and haven't run outside at all since December before this last weekends run.  I'm just glad I dropped back to the half for the Flying Pig because the tougher training schedule plus this terrible winter means double digit treadmill miles for multiple weeks and that is just brutal.

So what else has been going on?  I donated all the bag of clothes this week!  I took them to Goodwill and packed two carts full.  It feels good to donate and I hope someone is thrilled to see clothes with tags on them.  Nothing better than finding a good deal on some brand new or hardly worn clothes!

I'm also going to a pediatric cardiology conference at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club resort with some of my coworkers in 2 weeks!  I was excited to be chosen to go and hope to learn a lot to bring back to my unit over the 5 days I'm there.  Plus, getting away from this cold will be awesome!



I'm going to another conference in April for a weekend but it's for a different reason, one near and dear to my heart.  I was contacted a few weeks ago by the chairs of the Huntington's Disease Youth Organization to see if I was interested in being an ambassador and educator in my area for the young people who live with HD in their lives.  I was thrilled to be asked and of course, accepted!  I will be headed to Minneapolis and we won't talk about how the Mall of America is about a mile away :)

Lastly - next weekend I'm going DRESS SHOPPING!  I haven't lost the weight I wanted to before trying on dresses but I'm much more confident going in knowing I'll have options to try on and I'm excited to spend the day with my family and two of my girls and hopefully will say yes to the dress!  I've obsessed over the show for years and I'm hoping to have my "bridal" moment.



That about wraps things up for me!  Next week with it being Valentine's day, dress shopping day, and Kyle's birthday (my brother-in-law's too!  They share the same day!) followed by leaving for the cardiology conference and having 13 whole days off will be a nice break and lots of fun.  Much needed after the way the year has started.

Did you have the "bridal" moment?  Ever have to train while out of town? 

2 comments:

  1. Winter needs to hurry up and get the heck out of here...cannot even imagine living up north like you do! Very very very excited for you to go dress shopping...you are going to be a stunning bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it’s a great post. The info is good to know!
    I look forward to reading more. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

    Cardiology Hospitals in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete