Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Post-Move insanity.

Hello all you out there!

Well, the move is done.  All the boxes are nearly unpacked (mine are, Kyle's aren't.  He had to work today so I guess I can forgive him for now).  We need to grocery shop in a bad way and I unfortunately have to go back to work tomorrow.  I'm on call from tomorrow until Monday morning so hopefully there's not too much action this weekend and we can get everything finished and pictures hung on the walls and really make this gorgeous place feel like home.  We moved in to the beautiful Palmera Apartments (to take a peak of what our place is like, visit their website! www.palmeraapts.com) and it really suits our style.

Anyways, since the last you've heard from me it's been obviously crazy with the move but there was lots in between. Firstly, my first lunches back at work, where I opted for salads most days and pork loin with broccoli the others that I've been there so far.  Also, NO POP.  I have officially been pop-free for 10 days.  I really didn't realize how hard that would be for me since I tend to drink iced tea most of the time.  I do find myself ordering water more and more often anywhere I am.  I've also been out and about a lot. I went up to the Columbus Bridal show to spend time with my next bride (this makes wedding number 11 that I've been apart of!) and the other bridesmaids.  It was a surprise but very fun.  Let us talk about one thing though: CAKE TASTINGS.  Ugh.  There was cake EVERYWHERE.  I did try a few samples but didn't go crazy.  I was pretty proud of myself for turning them down.  We also have been eating out quite a bit with the move and me being gone that day so I don't want to say the resolution of not eating fast food as much is out the window it was just circumstantial that we were moving and were down to the bare bones in the cupboards and fridge.

Monday starts the next part of this challenge and that is getting the exercise started.  My round of P90X begins then and I'm pretty excited for it.  I don't know how well Penny the pup will react to my jumping around like a crazy person but it will be entertaining.  I've already been out and about today a few times with Penny checking out the walking trails they have through the complex.  There is a 1/2 mile trail just outside our building which is nice.  I'm sure it will be better once the last of this ice and snow clears out of here.  It's supposed to be warm but rainy all weekend.  I'm paranoid with the wet, dirty dog feet on my nice new hardwood floors and carpets so I'm keeping a towel handy for wiping down paws.

I again want to thank you all for the encouraging words and kindness you've shown me as I start this journey.  Really, as each day passes I know that this is something I will work at every day for my entire life.  I do have to make concious choices of what I am putting in my mouth.  I started tracking my food back on the 1st using MyFitnessPal on my phone and have it set for a 1 pound weight loss each week and it gives me an amount of calories I can eat for the day.  Let me tell you, I know what I've been eating lately and how many calories are going in - I cannot IMAGINE how many calories I was really putting in me when I wasn't thinking or caring about it.  I am putting in everything now and going "holy moly, I only have (x) amount left for today and it's only lunch!" And this is me eating health(ier)!  I still have a long way to go in really eating well. Right now counting calories is a big part.  Further down the line I really may be able to think more about the "clean eating" but for now it's really about watching my portions and the numbers that go in.

I've got family coming over to check out my new digs, so I'm off for now.  I'll keep you updated once P90X kicks in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment