Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back on the Train

Happy Sunday!

It's actually a somber Sunday in this house.  A very good friend of mine lost her mother last night, on the eve of one of her biggest fundraisers of the year and the night before her birthday, to Huntington's disease.

Shana Martin is the mother of modern Huntington's Disease awareness, fundraising, and overall being an amazing person.  She is our national spokesperson, puts on several amazing events every year to raise lots of cash for HD and dedicated every Monday night as Family Night with her father as they would make the trip to visit her mom every week for what seems like forever.  While she is one of the busiest people I've EVER known, Shana was always there for her mom.  No one can deny she was a very loved woman and she died just an hour before Shana's "re-prom" fundraiser last night.  Looking her best with her hair done and beautiful gown on, Shana notes that her mom passed with "the love of her life" by her side.  What an incredible family.

My heart aches for the Martin family and in the spirit of my training and this blog I am re-opening my fundraising page through First Giving to raise money for the Central Ohio chapter of the Huntington's Disease Society of America.  While I live in Cincinnati now, the Central Ohio chapter has been near and dear to my heart as it has supported and uplifted my family on numerous occasions.  I am dedicating each of the 26 miles plus 26.1 and 26.2 to a donor family in honor or in memory of someone with Huntington's disease or who has been a part of our fight to end this monster.

You can find my fundraising page at http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/lindsayintraining/columbusmarathon
Every little bit helps.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You can find out more about Huntington's disease at www.hdsa.org


Also... I'm down 0.8 pounds making it a total of 15.4 pounds and at 230.2 on the scale.  SO CLOSE!  While I didn't have the best week, next week will be better.  Bad weeks happen and thanks to my friend Angela, I feel better about it and know I will have bad weeks with the good ones.

Here's to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment