Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 5 already!

I can't believe I'm 5 weeks into marathon training and almost a full 4 months into my healthier lifestyle. This year is flying by!

I spent today with my sister, niece and nephew at the Cincinnati Museum Center where we visit the children's museum fairly often and always have fun.  I'm definitely enjoying my 12 hour day schedules with more free time during the week to see them.  This weekend I was off and we traveled to Columbus to surprise my step-dad for his birthday with a pizza lunch, visited the Wolf clan to see new baby Jacob and for our nephew Ivan's 1st birthday party.  I start a stretch of work on Wednesday and only have Friday off through next Monday.  I don't mind long work weeks when they follow several days off.  I'm loving the unit and it seems like the orientation will be thorough and very helpful.

More importantly I have not gained any weight while off on my injury week and my clothes are fitting better than they ever have.  I'm thinking the lack of actual weight loss is due to muscle I must be putting on by the miles I'm putting in.  At least I hope that's what it is :)  I'm still closely monitoring my intake and most days I don't go over my calorie goal even if I work out and it says due to my activity I get more calories for the day.  The miles are starting to add up on the training plan and I did 12 last week total.  My high will obviously be on my longest run week (42 miles) and I've got quite a ways to go before getting there.  It was in the 70's on one of my runs and it was rough with the heat and humidity before the approaching storms had passed through and that will be the toughest part for me to deal with.  This girl hates sweating and being hot so running in the 40 degree mornings we've had has been awesome for me and of course for Penny too - she didn't do as well when it was hot.

We have vacation coming up in June where we'll be headed to the Outer Banks with the Morrison family and I did something I haven't done in a very long time - bought a swim suit.  I didn't love the way I looked in it but I didn't hate it either.  A weird feeling for me especially involving swim suits!

I feel totally healed from my injury although when I actually feel my ankle they don't quite feel the same.  I have a few bumps and bony pieces that don't match up to the other side and it kind of concerns me but as long as it's functional and not painful it should be okay, right?  I guess so.  Tonight there's a 5K fun run down the road at the local running store that is donating $5 per runner to the Boston Marathon relief fund and it's free to do.  We'll see how our dinner schedule works out tonight and I may get to go run on my "rest" day for a good cause.

Onward and upward into week 5! 1/5 of the way to the finish line.  This will be my first week working 12 hour days and having to come home and run early in the morning before or late after work.  We'll maybe do one of each and see how it goes.  Kyle will be out of town mid week so that also mixes up the schedule a bit.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment