Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 1 in the books!

As of yesterday I officially completed my first week of marathon training!

Between my runs and walking Penny I logged 13 miles for the week.  Yesterday was just a 30 minute walk which I was able to get in before we hit the road to Zanesville to spend Easter with Kyle's family around 7AM.  I'm been lucky to get my runs in pretty soon after getting home from work but that will change with my schedule changing and the weather getting warmer.  The tricky part is going to be getting myself to go run 9 miles after work at 9pm after a 12 hour shift.  I can do that, right?  I did pick up my fastest mile time (I think of my life! 11:53) and ran my two 3 mile runs in under 39 minutes.  Pretty great for this girl!

Speaking of schedule change, this is my last week as a full time employee at Bethesda North.  I am so very excited for this new opportunity but will miss my friends and coworkers at B North.  When I moved to Cincinnati the only people I knew were my sister and brother-in-law so it meant a lot to be warmly welcomed to the area and to the hospital when I first arrived.  I can't wait to get settled in the new job so that I can come pick up some hours on my days off.  Heck, what else will I do with 4 days off a week besides go spend money?  May as well work instead :)

The weight loss has slowed considerably but my clothes are certainly telling me things are still happening with this body of mine.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my evening hanging out with Penny and enjoying my DVR on my wonderful "rest" day on the schedule.  Bring it on week 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment