Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sometimes things need a bit of tweaking.

My intention to complete the run streak prior to starting the next round of marathon training has come to a hault.

I did something to my knee this last week and it spent a couple days hurting and being swollen and it still isn't 100%.  I'm not having pain but it just feels strange, like it needs to pop and won't. We babysat my niece and nephew last night and I was on the floor with them and to get on my knees to play and change diapers made me glad to have taken the last few and next few days off.  I can't describe it any other way in that it just feels weird.

I have 3 weeks until Flying Pig training starts - 3 weeks!

I'm getting nervous and excited to begin this next round of training.  Nervous for the weather and cold mixed with more long runs than before but excited to mix in tempo runs and hill work (I say this now, will regret later).  I've certainly enjoyed my life without a structured training plan built in this last month and a half but it's go time again and I'm thinking the typical end of the year, resolution making time will get me the energy and excitement to get off the ground (or couch) and running that I need.

I was reading my friend Kim's 1 year blogaversary post over at Fabulous Fit Foodie (http://www.fabulousfitfoodie.com - I also need to learn how to use HTML) and was thinking how my own 1 year blogaversary is coming up this December 30th.  This also happens to be day 1 of marathon training round 2 which I find ironic.  I was reading my first post on this blog that I wrote that day and going over the goals I had set for myself, most of which I have achieved over the last year.  I'll save the specifics for the year in review post I have planned, but on this lazy day I feel accomplished and proud of this year and the changes I have made.  Again, more on all of that to come.

Last night we had the privilege of babysitting for my nephew and niece for the first time since the night my niece was born last January.  It has been a trying year in their house with lots of food intolerance and one little lady who refused to take a bottle all year, but my sister and brother-in-law enjoyed their first night out in a very long time.  We decorated a gingerbread house, ate candy while doing so, made and enjoyed cookies, had pizza, watched Winnie the Pooh's Christmas story and Daniel Tiger.  I watched my 11 month old niece devour 3 pieces of pizza and a whole fruit cup and gave her a bath.  We walked around the house holding hands and getting puppy kisses.  We read bedtime stories and gave goodnight hugs and kisses.  I love those nights. We read the elf on the shelf book and all snuggled on the couch. One of the greatest joys I have in life is being an aunt.

We are having friends over today for our annual lasagna/Love Actually holiday party.  This is the 3rd year we've done this with our friend/my maid of honor Christina and it's one of my favorite days of the year.  We do something similar for Halloween with Hocus Pocus as well and we always have a fun time.  This year her boyfriend Brian will join us and we're happy to have him join our delicious party.

Enjoy the holiday season and I hope each one of you are able to spend time with your families and friends to celebrate together.  We have our first family Christmas this next weekend already and I'm excited to spend some time with our other niece and nephews as well.  This coming Friday will be one year until our wedding and we decided to go on a date to celebrate :)

L

No comments:

Post a Comment