Thursday, May 1, 2014

Trainer Update and Fundraiser!

It's Flying Pig weekend!  I've been so, so busy and it snuck up on me.  How can it be May already?!



I'm super excited for this race (not the big Eden Park hill on these untrained legs!) and to meet Kelsey and Brittney who are coming up from Tennessee to run this weekend too!  April was a whirlwind month of crazy and I travelled to Minneapolis, spent 5 days in the hospital with Kyle, started working with my new trainer, worked 2 weekends in a row, had my first Chloe and Isabel Pop Up party, had two volunteer commitments, and registered for the GRE.

So I was supposed to begin with my trainer after I got home from Minnesota but that didn't happen with us being at the hospital so that got put off a week.  I've loved working with Darin and have enjoyed the workouts he's written for me and especially my meal plan.  I feel satisfied and not restricted and know carbs don't have to be the enemy.  I'm excited to see what kind of progress we can make over the next several months leading up to the wedding!  He's super easy to work with and I actually enjoy our "check in" calls every week to make sure things are going well.

I volunteered this last Wednesday night at a Huntington's Disease fundraiser called Cocktails at Clovernook which is a country club on the west side of Cincinnati.  I worked the raffle table taking money for tickets to win raffle baskets and the split the pot as well.  I was asked to be a member of the local chapter board so I accepted with the condition that it be a low-committment position!  Today also kicks off Huntington's Disease Awareness Month and I'm celebrating by offering 10% of the proceeds from all orders from my Chloe and Isabel site for each "Hand in Hand" sterling silver wrap bracelet (like I'm wearing below), earrings, or necklace to the Huntington's Disease Society of America!  The wrap bracelet is the perfect blue to match the color dedicated for HD!  You can order from my Chloe and Isabel site here!



I'm excited for the Flying Pig and of course there will be a recap of it next week along with the monthly Wedding Wednesday post!  Lots of details to share and engagement pictures are next week too! Yay!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment