Thursday, January 9, 2014

Word of the Year.

I've been seeing posts all over thanks to my new found love of BlogLovin' and the amazing bloggers I follow (like Cori and Courtney) about having a word to describe the year ahead.  I'm still riding the new year's high and haven't missed a run, have still been going to Zumba regularly when my overtime schedule allows AND cuddling on the couch with the fiancé and the pup. 

For Christmas I got the ladies on my dad's side of the family (and myself) all Origami Owl necklaces.  I'm a fan of anything personalized and of course, cute.  Everyone got their own necklace with things about themselves and us as a family.  Mine is silver and the charms inside are of an "L", a blingy dog bone and cat paw, the word "love.", a nursing/RN charm, and a ring.  The most important part of my necklace to me is the backplate.  I have been a fan of the word "Believe" for the better part of last year and really it's become my mantra.  I have it written on my bathroom mirror and I wear it every day on this necklace.  I truly feel that if you believe you can do something, you certainly can and more importantly you WILL.

My word of 2014, 2013, and likely the rest of my life is "Believe".



I believed I could run a marathon and I did.  I believed that if I wanted to bad enough, I could lose weight, and I am.  I will keep doing all of the above and am heading for marathon number 2 in just 114 days and I hope to hit my next weight loss goal of hitting 175 pounds by that date as well.

Do you have a word of the year? A personal mantra?

No comments:

Post a Comment