Sunday, July 6, 2014

Columbus Marathon Training - Week 1 recap

Week 1 of 16 in the books!  Now I am starting to think I must be crazy to only train for 16 weeks!  My endurance is slowly making its way back to me and I'll make it through.  I only got outside for just one of my runs this week because of working night shift and the heat.  I was outside for my 5 mile long run of the week and I overheated after only 2.3 miles.  I was at the metro park and walked back to my car and finished the miles today to round out the week.

Weekly runs -

Monday - 3.1 miles on the treadmill to start training! 11:32 min/mile average pace.  I ate that 5K for breakfast.

First training run excitement!

Tuesday - 4 treadmill miles at 11:08 pace.

Friday - 3.1 miles before night shift. 10:40 pace.  Felt good!

Saturday - 2.3 miles for my first outdoor run of training.  Supposed to have been 5 but I listened to my body. 11:17 average pace and a walk back to the car.
A mix of feelings this week.

Sunday - 2.7 treadmill miles to finish the weekly mileage total.  11:06 pace - crazy because July 6th last year I ran 5 miles at 12:00 pace!

My sweaty back-o-lantern after my run.

On to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment